Today, the Greek Parliament shot down a forestry bill appeal by opposition parties SYRIZA and Independent Greeks, according to reports.
The appeal claimed that certain elements of the bill were unconstitutional and wanted four articles taken out of the legislation package, as reported by Kathimerini.
The majority of voters were in agreement with the bill that authorizes property and road developments. The forestry bill allows up to 10% of a forest that spans over 50 hectares, to be cut down for the creation of holiday residences.
- SYRIZA's Polakis attacks singer Sakis Rouvas for Golden Dawn sympathies
- SYRIZA expels Kontonis for criticism over penal code
- Political storm over SYRIZA regulations that "soften" Golden Dawn sentences
- SYRIZA Youth: The new generation does not need more army and more armament programs
- International media "burn" SYRIZA for the fire in Mati and the Novartis conspiracy