Today, the Greek Parliament shot down a forestry bill appeal by opposition parties SYRIZA and Independent Greeks, according to reports.
The appeal claimed that certain elements of the bill were unconstitutional and wanted four articles taken out of the legislation package, as reported by Kathimerini.
The majority of voters were in agreement with the bill that authorizes property and road developments. The forestry bill allows up to 10% of a forest that spans over 50 hectares, to be cut down for the creation of holiday residences.
- SYRIZA Youth: The new generation does not need more army and more armament programs
- International media "burn" SYRIZA for the fire in Mati and the Novartis conspiracy
- Fire in Mati: Shocking Audio Document for Attempted Concealment - "Bury the documents, we will tear you apart"
- Governing ND surges ahead of SYRIZA in new poll
- Minister confirms that police officer seconded to SYRIZA released arrested protester