A flight of four F-16 Block 52 Plus from the Hellenic Air Force 340 Squadron ("Asteri") will be based at Ovda Israeli Air Force base in the Negev desert in order to take part in IDF exercise "Blue Flag."
The base is home to IDF squadron "Aggressor" that simulate Arab aerial tactics to train other squadrons. It is equivalent to the US "Top Gun" school.
"Blue Flag" will be conducted with the participation with aircraft from Greece, the USA, Poland, Italy, and of course Israel.
Greece will be represented, apart from the fighter aircrfat, by 45 pilots and technicians from 340 Squadron, and a C-130H transport aircraft from 356 Tactical Transport Squadron that will move the personnel and basic ammunition and spares for the aircraft.
The Greek aircraft will arrive in Israel on 13 November, before the beginning of the exercise that will be staged between 17 and 28 November.
- President Sakellaropoulou receives NY mayor Eric Adams
- PM Mitsotakis meets with new AJC executive director Ted Deutch
- Greece holds the "helm" of global shipping
- Seismic research for hydrocarbons continues in Greek blocks "Ionio" and "Kyparissiakos"
- Barrage of aftershocks after 4.7 Richter earthquake in Evia that was felt in Athens