Greece on Tuesday paid a 750 million euro installment to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Finance ministry sources told ANA-MPA that the money was transferred to a special account at the Bank of Greece, used for automatic payment of the IMF. The Finance ministry has ordered the Public Debt Management Organization and all related banks to pay the installment. The IMF is expected to issue an official statement later today confirming the transaction.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Mount Olympus officially becomes a national park
- PM Mitsotakis: A rise in exports is a good indicator of a competitive economy
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- HELMEPA at the forefront of shipping decarbonization
- FM Dendias briefs EU foreign ministers on Turkish delinquent behavior