The capital controls imposedon banking transactions in Greece last June are expected to be lifted at the end of the first half of 2016, Alternate Finance Minister Giorgos Chouliarakis told the parliament’s Economics committee which is discussing the 2016 draft budget, during his second address.
Commenting on the budget’s numbers, he said the Greek economy is expected to return to fast growth soon, while it is expected to grow at a rate of 2.8 pct to 3.1 pct from 2017 and until 2019. He also predicted that achieving the budgetary targets by 2018 will allow for milder fiscal adjustment measures.
- Pomak Association of Xanthi: "You are in pain for Turkey. We are in pain for Greece and we feel Greek "
- Fisheries report rise in exports, new investments of 97 mln in 2018
- Greek bond rates fall to historic lows
- Νέο ιστορικό ρεκόρ για τα ελληνικά ομόλογα -Μετά την άρση των capital controls
- Την πλήρη άρση των Capital Controls ανακοίνωσε ο Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Nick Maroutsos’ ultimate American dream
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- Greece to relax restrictions on May 14; major tourist islands fully vaccinated by end-June
- EOT: The Greek sea is a vast, open museum
- The Hellenic-American Cultural Foundation presents Justinian’s Hagia Sophia