The capital controls imposedon banking transactions in Greece last June are expected to be lifted at the end of the first half of 2016, Alternate Finance Minister Giorgos Chouliarakis told the parliament’s Economics committee which is discussing the 2016 draft budget, during his second address.
Commenting on the budget’s numbers, he said the Greek economy is expected to return to fast growth soon, while it is expected to grow at a rate of 2.8 pct to 3.1 pct from 2017 and until 2019. He also predicted that achieving the budgetary targets by 2018 will allow for milder fiscal adjustment measures.
- Fisheries report rise in exports, new investments of 97 mln in 2018
- Greek bond rates fall to historic lows
- Νέο ιστορικό ρεκόρ για τα ελληνικά ομόλογα -Μετά την άρση των capital controls
- Την πλήρη άρση των Capital Controls ανακοίνωσε ο Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης
- Οι Έλληνες κρατούν 32 δισ. ευρώ κρυμμένα σε στρώματα
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Severe weather front "Ianos": This is the new trajectory of the cyclone
- Coronavirus: Concern over the 4 negative records yesterday in Greece
- Severe weather front to hit Greece from Thursday to Saturday - Warnings to citizens
- SYRIZA cadre: I would also have set fire to Moria, defend the young Afghan arsonists
- Greece edging to exploratory talks with Turkey