"The prime minister has ordered that all necessary actions be taken immediately to restore the networks and damage caused to the island," Infrastructure Minister Christos Spirtzis stressed on Monday evening at Chania, Crete.
Spirtzis arrived in Chania to chair a broad meeting on the damages caused by the recent torrential rain and measures that need to be taken.
He also announced that the procedures are in place to give the region 10 million euros directly for the opening of the roads and the restoration of damages.
- President Sakellaropoulou receives NY mayor Eric Adams
- PM Mitsotakis meets with new AJC executive director Ted Deutch
- Greece holds the "helm" of global shipping
- Seismic research for hydrocarbons continues in Greek blocks "Ionio" and "Kyparissiakos"
- Barrage of aftershocks after 4.7 Richter earthquake in Evia that was felt in Athens