An earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale was recorded at 03:28 on Thursday in the sea region 78 km south-east of Karpathos.
According to the Athens Geodynamics Institute, the tremor's epicentre is located 492 kilometers southeast of Athens.
There were no reports of victims or damage.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts