The Ministry of Asylum & Μigration on Tuesday evening confirmed two cases of migrants with Covid-19 disease but no symptoms in a temporary refugee accommodation facility at Megala Therma, Lesvos island.
The facility was leased by the ministry from a local owner and is being used as a quarantine facility. It houses 70 refugees in total, of whom 51 arrived on the island on May 6.
The two asymptomatic patients - who were detected in a random testing of nine residents - were placed in isolation within the facility, while medical staff of the National Public Health Organisation (EODY) will test all of the remaining residents on Wednesday, according to the ministry, as well as any police and coast guard officers who came in contact with them.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts