Greek President Katerina Sakellaropoulou visited the remote Greek islands of Agathonissi and Lipsi.
Her visit to the National Post on Agathonissi and meeting with the mayor, school of nine pupils and other local stakeholders drew the attention of the Turkish media which claim that the island is Turkish despite the Greek established community there.
The media attacked the Greek President for visiting the region, and claim that the island is called Essek, and is a Turkish territory belonging to the municipality of Aydin.
Turkish media reports state that President Sakellaropoulou visited “Turkish territories under Greek Occupation”. Yeni Safak was one of the newspapers critical of the visit.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts