The full moon of August is always an opportunity to admire earth's satellite or take a romantic walk. This year, the full moon will be on August 22nd. The Ministry of Culture and Sports, under the coordination of the General Directorate of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage, organizes for another year the events of the August Full Moon offering archeological sites and museums to the public with free admission to enjoy the moonlight, as reported in his announcement.
For 2021, 200 years after the Greek Revolution, the fortification complex of Troupakis - Mourtzina in Kardamili was chosen as the theme of the poster, which at the beginning of 1821 hosted the chief Theodoros Kolokotronis in Mani, in preparation for the beginning of the revolution.
On Sunday, August 22, 2021, one hundred and twenty-one archeological sites and museums across the country will welcome the public to admire the Full Moon. Fifty-three of them will host a variety of events.
This year 's event, apart from the night of August 22nd, will be accompanied by events scheduled for August 20th, 21st, 23rd and 25th.
What kind of events will take place - The measures for the coronavirus
The events that will take place this year are mainly music concerts, theatrical performances, dance performances, poetry recitations, documentary screenings, art exhibitions, stargazing and guided tours. Most of the events will take place in collaboration with local authorities as well as cultural, landscaping associations.
The events and the visit of the public to the archeological sites and museums will be carried out in accordance with the applicable security protocols that have been drawn up for each archaeological site and museum in the context of limiting the spread of the COVID-19 crown and in accordance with applicable security measures.
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- Greek Competition Commission: Contacts of the President in Washington - What issues were put on the table
- Poll: How Greeks see the Revolution of 1821
- Tour. Min.: Τhe first direct American flight of the season is a vote of confidence in Greek tourism
- No confidence vote against govt in Greek Parliament fails to achieve majority
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- "Christina O": Onassis' legendary yacht passes through the Corinth Canal (vid)
- European Athletics Championships: Gold medal for Greece's Antigoni Drisbioti in the 35 km walk
- President and PM send messages on occasion of the Assumption of the Virgin
- Former president on German reparations
- Cyprus' hopes for "Aphrodite" gas field