The general director of international economic relations and openess and president of Enterprise Greece, Ioannis Smyrlis, on Tuesday referred to the common will of all the parties involved to cooperate and make use of the positive climate that has been generated as regards deepening economic relations with Greece, in his address to the 11th Arab-Hellenic Economic Forum "Greece and Arab World: Growing Ties" organised by the Arab-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and Development on Tuesday and Wednesday.
As Smyrlis noted, "the stable course of recovery of Greece and the investment-friendly policy that the Greek government implements is recognised by the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, as is indicated by the increasing flow of Arab investments". He also pointed out the significant development and improvement of the Greece's relations with Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman, which he said we are working to promote even more.
Finally, Smyrlis referred to the Greek companies that have a long presence in the region of the Gulf and estimated that they can contribute to promoting new collaborations between the countries, especially in the dynamically developing sectors of construction, transport, energy and other technologies.
- Kudos by Canadian billionaire investor Watsa for Greek PM’s investment-friendly policy
- Severe weather front Elias to hit Greece starting Monday
- MIT's 25th world conference on technology and startups in Athens
- US Army chief of staff visits Athens, meets with Greek Armed Forces chiefs
- US diaspora Greeks pay 74 million dollars in taxes in Greece