The participation of citizens in this electoral round was rather low.
Maybe people did not have the money to travel to their hometowns to vote, or rather they were not interested in participating in the electoral process.
Whatever the reason, participation was again low in many parts of the country. Given the fact that a lot of money is spent each time elections take place, especially local elections, this outcome should worry parties and local governors.
More specific, the percentages of participants in relation with those enrolled show that in Crete four out of five citizens participated in elections, noting the highest score in all of Greece, while in the Northern Aegean islands, more than half of citizens abstained from voting.
Even in Attica, one in three citizens chose not to vote!
Abstention results are as follows:
Sterea Ellada (Mainland): 25.5%
South Aegean Islands: 31.1%
Northern Aegean Islands: 52.7%
Western Greece: 31.8%
Attica: 33.3 %
Eastern Macedonia-Thrace: 35.6%
Ionian Islands: 45.9%
- 23rd Annual Conference of "Capital Link Invest in Greece": Summit on the Greek Economy and Investments
- First Orthodox Church built in Tanzania
- Abstention the great winner of the local elections
- ND wins 11 out of 13 regions across Greece in local elections
- Joint Cypriot - Israeli exercise within FIR Nicosia and on Cyprus
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Desmond Child, Alice Cooper given tour of Acropolis Museum; concert at Herodion for return of Parthenon Sculptures
- The 180 new M1117 armored 4x4 vehicles have arrived in Greece
- Tourism: Arnaia, Halkidiki, one of the three most beautiful villages in Greece
- Economou: Greece will appeal for the "Turkaegean" mark
- Greek Foreign Ministry expresses 'deep regret' over Russian decision to expel 8 of its diplomats