To Potami's leader Stavros Theodorakis presided over the party's founding congress this weekend, and drew in unprecedented popularity.
The political party's two-day conference at Lavrio's port, was attended by SYRIZA, DIMAR, KKE and Athens Mayor Giorgos Kaminis. While addressing observers yesterday, the To Potami leader stated, "Greece needs to experience the Enlightenment it missed out on, to have its own Renaissance".
SYRIZA's Party Secretary Dimitris Vitsas alluded to a collaboration with To Potami, if they placed in the next general elections. He claimed, "We have clarified that, even if SYRIZA achieves a clear parliamentary majority, we will seek broader social and political alliances".
- Communist Party KKE head: Compromise with concession of sovereign rights dangerous for peace
- Outrage ad ex-SYRIZA Minister compares Greeks fleeing Asia Minor to modern illegal immigrants entering Greece
- Harsh letter by 51 party members of Thessaloniki to SYRIZA leadership
- Opinion poll: ND leads by 17 points
- SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras accuses gov't of planning snap elections with new electoral law