Independent Greeks are in unison with SYRIZA's referendum proposal over the planned partial privatization of Public Power Corporation (PPC).
In today's statement, Independent Greeks leader Panos Kammenos telephoned SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras, to offer his support on the proposal. The document must be agreed upon by 120 out of 300 MP's, prior to it being submitted to Parliament; it would then require 180 MP's votes for a popular vote to be scheduled. Greece is now faced with nationwide rolling strikes by PPC unionists who are against the privatization of the country's main electric provider.
- Parliament votes for investigation into former SYRIZA minister
- Mitsotakis wants unity, attacks SYRIZA for divisiveness
- Prime Minister, parties condemn violence
- SYRIZA MP claims that "17 November" never terrorized anyone despite dozens of murders
- SYRIZA in disarray over support for 17 November murderer