A 21-year-old man has been arrested at the Greek and FYROM border today, after attempting to transport almost 4 kilograms of cocaine in his baggage, according to international reports.
The young criminal stated to police that he had obtained the narcotics three days earlier in Sao Paulo, Brazil. After begin caught by Evzones crossing border patrol, he claimed he worked as a mule for a global drug trafficking ring.
The felon had been instructed to travel to Greece through FYROM, while the cocaine was hidden inside five specialized secret sections of purses. According to a 2012 analysis and reported by ekathimerini, the cocaine's street values varies from 35 to 120 euros per gram.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden