A 21-year-old man has been arrested at the Greek and FYROM border today, after attempting to transport almost 4 kilograms of cocaine in his baggage, according to international reports.
The young criminal stated to police that he had obtained the narcotics three days earlier in Sao Paulo, Brazil. After begin caught by Evzones crossing border patrol, he claimed he worked as a mule for a global drug trafficking ring.
The felon had been instructed to travel to Greece through FYROM, while the cocaine was hidden inside five specialized secret sections of purses. According to a 2012 analysis and reported by ekathimerini, the cocaine's street values varies from 35 to 120 euros per gram.
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- Mitsotakis welcomes Swedish NATO accession; meeting with Albania’s Rama, refers to pending contacts with Erdogan
- The chef who cooked on Obama's cruise to the Greek islands
- Building vertical Central – SE Europe natural gas corridor