A 21-year-old man has been arrested at the Greek and FYROM border today, after attempting to transport almost 4 kilograms of cocaine in his baggage, according to international reports.
The young criminal stated to police that he had obtained the narcotics three days earlier in Sao Paulo, Brazil. After begin caught by Evzones crossing border patrol, he claimed he worked as a mule for a global drug trafficking ring.
The felon had been instructed to travel to Greece through FYROM, while the cocaine was hidden inside five specialized secret sections of purses. According to a 2012 analysis and reported by ekathimerini, the cocaine's street values varies from 35 to 120 euros per gram.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023