In it's newly published "Heath at a Glance: Europe 2014" report, the OECD ranked Greece 13th, regarding life expectancy rates.
In Greece, the figure has increased to 80.7 years, while the average lifespan for the EU28 is marked at 79.2 years. Spain scored first place with 82.5 years, with Italy and France following.
Greece surpassed the lifetime rate of EU members including Lithuania, Bulgaria and Romania. The OECD analysis confirmed that Greece's life expectancy rate mirrored the comparable increase within the EU as a whole, with an average surge of over 5 years beginning in 1990.
- These are the 29 countries for which the Greek borders open on June 15
- PM Mitsotakis: Greece secured 32 bln euros as a result of the government's consistent work
- Gvt spox: 'We will be surprised by the results in the Greek economy'
- Mitsotakis: Greece is even better for investment now than it was five months ago
- EU explicitly condemns escalating aggression by Turkey in the East Mediterranean