The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) granted $25,000 to feed Cypriot children in need, to the nation's President Nicos Anastasiades.
AHEPA's Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos stated of the act, "We stand with the citizens of Cyprus, who have endured hardship, as the country strives diligently to overcome the financial crisis and works to restore economic and social stability".
Frangos added, "We hope the donation helps in some small way to ease this hardship on families." AHEPA's offering was given to Anastasiades during his time in New York, while participating in the 69th United Nations General Assembly session. The Cypriot President along with Government Spokesman Nikos Christodoulides, thanked the Greek-American organization for the funds.
- Turkey targets Greek islands and Cyprus gas field
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Cyprus: EuroAsia Interconnector project is up and running
- ECB meets on Cyprus to mull interest rates and inflation