The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) granted $25,000 to feed Cypriot children in need, to the nation's President Nicos Anastasiades.
AHEPA's Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos stated of the act, "We stand with the citizens of Cyprus, who have endured hardship, as the country strives diligently to overcome the financial crisis and works to restore economic and social stability".
Frangos added, "We hope the donation helps in some small way to ease this hardship on families." AHEPA's offering was given to Anastasiades during his time in New York, while participating in the 69th United Nations General Assembly session. The Cypriot President along with Government Spokesman Nikos Christodoulides, thanked the Greek-American organization for the funds.
- Exploratory talks with with Turkish vessel Cesme in the Aegean!
- With the Belharra frigates Greece voids Turkey's "Blue Homeland" doctrine
- PM Mitsotakis visits Cyprus and Israel on Monday
- Turkish foreign minister heralds meeting with Greek counterpart
- Hellenic American Union invites young children to two online Christmas decorations workshops