The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) granted $25,000 to feed Cypriot children in need, to the nation's President Nicos Anastasiades.
AHEPA's Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos stated of the act, "We stand with the citizens of Cyprus, who have endured hardship, as the country strives diligently to overcome the financial crisis and works to restore economic and social stability".
Frangos added, "We hope the donation helps in some small way to ease this hardship on families." AHEPA's offering was given to Anastasiades during his time in New York, while participating in the 69th United Nations General Assembly session. The Cypriot President along with Government Spokesman Nikos Christodoulides, thanked the Greek-American organization for the funds.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression