Cyprus' 54th anniversary of British independence under colonial rule, was celebrated in Manhattan last night; the event was organized by the Cypriot Consulate and its Permanent Mission to the United Nations.
Diplomats, Ambassadors, and Cypriot organization delegates among others, attended the festivities. Cypriot Permanent Representative to the UN Nicos Emiliou offered an address and focused on Cypriot independence, the illegal Turkish invasion, EU membership, financial hardships, its solid civilization and vibrant culture.
In addition, Archbishop Demetrios of America and PSEKA President Philip Christopher offered a speech. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo penned letters regarding the nation's Independence Day, which occurred in 1960, following four years of British control.
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- Turkey issues NAVTEX for live fire drills with Russia off Cyprus and on edge of Greek EEZ
- Cyprus: What are the "non-lethal weapons" included in the lifting of the US embargo?
- Joint exercise "EUNOMIA" with Cyprus, Greece, France and Italy in progress (vid,pics)
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression