NYC Celebrates Cypriot Independence Day
Cyprus' 54th anniversary of British independence under colonial rule, was celebrated in Manhattan last night; the event was organized by the Cypriot Consulate and its Permanent Mission to the United Nations.
Diplomats, Ambassadors, and Cypriot organization delegates among others, attended the festivities. Cypriot Permanent Representative to the UN Nicos Emiliou offered an address and focused on Cypriot independence, the illegal Turkish invasion, EU membership, financial hardships, its solid civilization and vibrant culture.
In addition, Archbishop Demetrios of America and PSEKA President Philip Christopher offered a speech. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo penned letters regarding the nation's Independence Day, which occurred in 1960, following four years of British control.
- The designs of the new Deputy Shipping Minister for Cypriot shipping
- Ankara accepted Cyprus' offer to send a rescue team
- Turkey targets Greek islands and Cyprus gas field
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels