Translation By Lisa Darilis
Greek-Americans in the U.S., as well as abroad, recognize the name Joseph Lhota (or Joe), as he was the rival of Greek descended Republican mayoral candidate, John Catsimatides, during the primary election.
What is not known to many, however, is that Lhota has a well-known Greek American working by his side, playing a vital role in his campaign. George Frangoulis, former aide to Mayor Giuliani, Coordinator for Queens County, and Operations Commissioner of the N.Y.C. Department of Buildings, is also one of the top organizers in the Lhota campaign for mayor of New York City.
Joe Lhota has recently been seen campaigning in the Greek communities of New York, and this can most likely be attributed to Geroge Frangoulis' strong influence over his campaign efforts.
- Nicole Malliotakis sworn in as as representative of the New York's 11th Congressional District
- Malliotakis Declares Victory
- Nearly 100 New York children treated for mysterious illness thought to be linked to Covid-19
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- Chrysanthos Petsilas, Former Director of the Greek Tourism Office in New York, passes at 73