Translation By Lisa Darilis
Greek-Americans in the U.S., as well as abroad, recognize the name Joseph Lhota (or Joe), as he was the rival of Greek descended Republican mayoral candidate, John Catsimatides, during the primary election.
What is not known to many, however, is that Lhota has a well-known Greek American working by his side, playing a vital role in his campaign. George Frangoulis, former aide to Mayor Giuliani, Coordinator for Queens County, and Operations Commissioner of the N.Y.C. Department of Buildings, is also one of the top organizers in the Lhota campaign for mayor of New York City.
Joe Lhota has recently been seen campaigning in the Greek communities of New York, and this can most likely be attributed to Geroge Frangoulis' strong influence over his campaign efforts.
- Education Minister Kerameus in New York for Transforming Education Summit
- Tourism Min. calls for Emirates direct flight from Dubai and New York to Thessaloniki
- Greek woman murdered by ex-spouse in New York
- Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ interview with Bloomberg
- PM Mitsotakis' contacts in New York