As a result of yesterday's elections where the Republican party held the majority, a plethora of Greek-Americans were voted in.
Maryland incumbent Congressman and Democrat John Sarbanes, Florida incumbent Congressman and Republican Gus Bilirarkis, Nevada incumbent Congresswoman and Democrat Dina Titus and Massachusetts incumbent Congresswoman and Democrat Niki Tsongas, all held on to their seats.
In addition, Greek-Americans were elected in several state and district posts. This includes New York State District 12 Senator and Democrat Michael Giannaris, New York State Senator District 9 and Republican Dean Skelos, New York Assemblywoman and Democrat Aravella Simotas, New York State Assemblywoman and Republican Nicole Malliotakis, and Rhode Island Senator District 33 and Democrat Leonidas Raptakis. Congratulations to the Greek-American politicians!
- US House passes Hagia Sophia amendment
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- I would choose Greece as a world leader over US in this crisis: Renowned historian says on The Late Night Show (vid)
- What do the US presidential candidates think about Turkey?
- Reconciliation with Turkey should only come with a price