As a result of yesterday's elections where the Republican party held the majority, a plethora of Greek-Americans were voted in.
Maryland incumbent Congressman and Democrat John Sarbanes, Florida incumbent Congressman and Republican Gus Bilirarkis, Nevada incumbent Congresswoman and Democrat Dina Titus and Massachusetts incumbent Congresswoman and Democrat Niki Tsongas, all held on to their seats.
In addition, Greek-Americans were elected in several state and district posts. This includes New York State District 12 Senator and Democrat Michael Giannaris, New York State Senator District 9 and Republican Dean Skelos, New York Assemblywoman and Democrat Aravella Simotas, New York State Assemblywoman and Republican Nicole Malliotakis, and Rhode Island Senator District 33 and Democrat Leonidas Raptakis. Congratulations to the Greek-American politicians!
- Greece welcomes US sanctions against two Turkish ministries, three top officials
- Greek Defense Minister tells AHI audience U.S. has “reliable partner” in Greece
- Malliotakis Declares Victory
- Pompeo expresses US support for Greek positions in a letter to FM Dendias
- US House passes Hagia Sophia amendment