Golden Dawn's upcoming travels to Australia have been postponed, as a result of visa complications.
Golden Dawn MP Georgios Epitideios' scheduled trip down under has been deferred until later notice. The extremely right-winged party's Australian spokesperson Ignatius Gavrilidis stated that the Australian Embassy has implemented "delaying tactics" regarding the excursion, according to Neos Kosmos. However, he claimed that the travels may occur in early 2015.
The Office of Immigration Minister Scott Morrison's Spokesman offered a statement concerning the act, "The Government takes very seriously its role in protecting the Australian community from unacceptable risk of harm from criminal or other serious conduct by non-citizens."
The Spokesman added, "If a visa applicant is considered likely to engage in activities that fall within the scope of the character requirements of the Migration Act 1958, their visa application may be refused." However, Gavrilidis claimed that no visa application were formally denied.
(Source: Neos Kosmos)
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better