Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras recently met with Australia's Ambassador to Geece John Griffin in Athens.
During the meeting, the SYRIZA leader told the Australian Ambassador that he is interested in visiting the nation. Prime Minister Tsipras and Ambassador Griffin were reported to have conferred over enhancing their bilateral ties between the two countries and focused on the economic sector, according to Neos Komsos.
The Greek leader discussed his interest in the Greek-Australian community and commented that he hopes to travel to Australia, "as soon as the conditions [in Greece] allowed for it." The two international delegates also talked about the Hellenic diaspora and its support of the homeland.
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri
- Southern Aegean is "key" to Greek tourism success story