Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras recently met with Australia's Ambassador to Geece John Griffin in Athens.
During the meeting, the SYRIZA leader told the Australian Ambassador that he is interested in visiting the nation. Prime Minister Tsipras and Ambassador Griffin were reported to have conferred over enhancing their bilateral ties between the two countries and focused on the economic sector, according to Neos Komsos.
The Greek leader discussed his interest in the Greek-Australian community and commented that he hopes to travel to Australia, "as soon as the conditions [in Greece] allowed for it." The two international delegates also talked about the Hellenic diaspora and its support of the homeland.
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands