Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras recently met with Australia's Ambassador to Geece John Griffin in Athens.
During the meeting, the SYRIZA leader told the Australian Ambassador that he is interested in visiting the nation. Prime Minister Tsipras and Ambassador Griffin were reported to have conferred over enhancing their bilateral ties between the two countries and focused on the economic sector, according to Neos Komsos.
The Greek leader discussed his interest in the Greek-Australian community and commented that he hopes to travel to Australia, "as soon as the conditions [in Greece] allowed for it." The two international delegates also talked about the Hellenic diaspora and its support of the homeland.
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- Australia's Greek diaspora welcomes plan to open GNTO office in Melbourne
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically