Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras recently met with Australia's Ambassador to Geece John Griffin in Athens.
During the meeting, the SYRIZA leader told the Australian Ambassador that he is interested in visiting the nation. Prime Minister Tsipras and Ambassador Griffin were reported to have conferred over enhancing their bilateral ties between the two countries and focused on the economic sector, according to Neos Komsos.
The Greek leader discussed his interest in the Greek-Australian community and commented that he hopes to travel to Australia, "as soon as the conditions [in Greece] allowed for it." The two international delegates also talked about the Hellenic diaspora and its support of the homeland.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden