Australia hosted a plethora of Greek Independence Day celebrations over the weekend, that included various parades, church and memorial services.
On Sunday, the city of Melbourne held its yearly parade that marched at the Shrine of Remembrance. A large number of Greek students proudly walked to the memorial's steps and were received by political and church dignitaries.
Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos and Greek Consul General in Melbourne Christina Simantiraki placed a wreath with each other at the Eternal Flame, along with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews. Memorials and celebrations were also held in Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden