Australia hosted a plethora of Greek Independence Day celebrations over the weekend, that included various parades, church and memorial services.
On Sunday, the city of Melbourne held its yearly parade that marched at the Shrine of Remembrance. A large number of Greek students proudly walked to the memorial's steps and were received by political and church dignitaries.
Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos and Greek Consul General in Melbourne Christina Simantiraki placed a wreath with each other at the Eternal Flame, along with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews. Memorials and celebrations were also held in Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation
- Greek, Italian, French, and Cyprus defense ministers meet in Brussels
- Nouriel Roubini: World War III has begun -Erdogan may invade Greece next year
- EDA chief Jiří Šedivý: Joint procurement of military hardware for EU states
- PLAY to fly from Athens to Iceland and USA from June 2023