Australia hosted a plethora of Greek Independence Day celebrations over the weekend, that included various parades, church and memorial services.
On Sunday, the city of Melbourne held its yearly parade that marched at the Shrine of Remembrance. A large number of Greek students proudly walked to the memorial's steps and were received by political and church dignitaries.
Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos and Greek Consul General in Melbourne Christina Simantiraki placed a wreath with each other at the Eternal Flame, along with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews. Memorials and celebrations were also held in Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM