Australia hosted a plethora of Greek Independence Day celebrations over the weekend, that included various parades, church and memorial services.
On Sunday, the city of Melbourne held its yearly parade that marched at the Shrine of Remembrance. A large number of Greek students proudly walked to the memorial's steps and were received by political and church dignitaries.
Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos and Greek Consul General in Melbourne Christina Simantiraki placed a wreath with each other at the Eternal Flame, along with Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews. Memorials and celebrations were also held in Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide.
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer
- Mitsotakis: Greece, Cyprus will never resign from right to self-defense
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe