Australia is commemorating the 74th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.
Events began this past Saturday, May 16th in Sydney, and continue until Sunday, May 24th, across the nation. The event, which laid a wreath at the Martin Place cenotaph, was held in Sydney on the 16th.
The guest of honor was Lieutenant General Georgios Paraschopoulos, along with accompanying Hellenic Defense Force Colonel Vasileios Broumas. His Excellency General the Honorable David Hurley AC DSC (Retired), Governor of New South Wales, and Linda Hurley were also in attendance, in addition to governmental delegates and veterans.
Melbourne and Victoria ceremonies are also set to take place. This includes the "Battle of Crete-the Untold Stories" book launch on Sunday, May 24th in Kogarah, while official observations in Melbourne will occur on Saturday, May 23rd, along with other commemorations.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece