Over 10 Greek-Australian local government councillors are scheduled to meet with Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos, on the margins of federal politician discussions, at the Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) national assembly.
The ALGA meets yearly and will be held in Canberra this year, from June 15th to 16th. Greek-Australian politicians plan to discuss a wide range of issues, such as language preservation and cultural collaborations.
Moreland City Council's Lambros Tapinos will be in attendance among other delegates. More than 500 councils spanning Australia will participate in this year's Australian Local Government Association's national assembly.
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"