Over 10 Greek-Australian local government councillors are scheduled to meet with Greek Ambassador to Australia Haris Dafaranos, on the margins of federal politician discussions, at the Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) national assembly.
The ALGA meets yearly and will be held in Canberra this year, from June 15th to 16th. Greek-Australian politicians plan to discuss a wide range of issues, such as language preservation and cultural collaborations.
Moreland City Council's Lambros Tapinos will be in attendance among other delegates. More than 500 councils spanning Australia will participate in this year's Australian Local Government Association's national assembly.
- Australia: The most wanted man is a Greek - They are looking for James Dalamangas in Greece, he is accused of murdering an expatriate
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Greece: Gateway for Indian agricultural products to the EU
- Greece sends humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip with C-130 aicraft
- Santorini, Island of Energy and Timeless Beauty