For the first time in half a century, the Greek community of Imvros will have the opportunity for primary and secondary education.
Through the adoption (by the Turkish authorities) of the authorization for the Lyceum, another obstacle was overcome. As the Ministry of Culture and Education noted, the process of detachments of teachers of secondary education, who will staff the new Greek High School of Imvros has been completed .
Students and parents who are returning from Greece, will be present at the first bell of the new year, which will be rung Monday, September 28, at 9 am, in the newly renovated school buildings at Agridi. The blessing and inauguration of the School and the Lyceum will be held in the presence of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, two weeks later, Monday, October 12th.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis meets with Cyprus president, US investors in New York
- UNESCO adds Zagorochoria to its World Heritage List
- FM Gerapetritis continues his contacts in New York
- Mitsotakis-Erdogan meeting with smiles: Optimism but not complacency with Ankara
- Investigation into the traffic accident in Libya that claimed the lives of 5 Greeks