For the first time in half a century, the Greek community of Imvros will have the opportunity for primary and secondary education.
Through the adoption (by the Turkish authorities) of the authorization for the Lyceum, another obstacle was overcome. As the Ministry of Culture and Education noted, the process of detachments of teachers of secondary education, who will staff the new Greek High School of Imvros has been completed .
Students and parents who are returning from Greece, will be present at the first bell of the new year, which will be rung Monday, September 28, at 9 am, in the newly renovated school buildings at Agridi. The blessing and inauguration of the School and the Lyceum will be held in the presence of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, two weeks later, Monday, October 12th.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Paxos: Sailing boat on fire – All seven aboard safe and sound
- Noted Astrophysicist Dionysis Simopoulos passes
- Scope Ratings: ECB and strong growth boost Greece's rating outlook
- Suspect in the strangling death of former girlfriend arrested in North Macedonia
- Greek PM's address concerning wiretapping of PASOK party leader Androulakis