The Hellenic Initiative's 6th Annual Gala took place in New York City on Friday, September 21st , 2018.
This year’s gala drew over 750 Hellenes and Philhellenes from around the world, that supported the Hellenic Initiative’s efforts to offer aid to various non-for profit foundations in Greece. The THI Gala is one of the largest fundraising efforts amongst the Greek Diaspora worldwide.
This years Gala honorees included: THI’s Regeneration Program Partner and Philanthropist, Corinne Menztelopoulos, owner of chateau Margaux, and Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever.
THI’s fundraise will be invested in entrepreneurial programs and economic development opportunities in Greece, and also will support crisis relief for underserved communities in Greece, particularly for children.
This years master of ceremonies was Chris Diamantopoulos, actor of HBO’s “Silicon Valley,” Amazon’s “The Dangerous Book for Boys,” and Disney’s voice of Mickey Mouse. In closing, the chair committee bid fair-well to THI’s Executive Director, Mark Arey, who will be retiring, and welcomed new Executive Director, Peter Poulos. Mark Arey was praised for his tireless work with THI.
Latest from Yanna Darilis
- The Hellenic Initiative's 7th Annual Gala Raises More Than $2.3 Million from the Greek Diaspora
- Commitment of Global Citizens
- “Memories of Smyrna” at the Ancient Herodion Atticus Theatre By: Yanna Darilis
- KOS, THE NEW DESTINATION OF CULINARY FOODIE EVENTS AND LUXURY TRAVEL IN GREECE
- Director Van Ling, talks to New Greek TV about “Cliffs of Freedom”, the story of the Greek War of Independence