Today is the 30-year anniversary of His Eminence Metropolitan Methodios' enthronement as the Chief-Shepard of The Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston.
Metropolitan Methodios was enthroned on April 8th, 1984 by Archbishop Iakovos.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America commented on today's commemoration, "For thirty years, we have been blessed by His Eminence's wisdom, paternal love, visionary leadership, and fatherly guidance. We join together today as one family in prayer that the Lord will keep our Metropolitan in good health to 'rightly teach the Word of His Truth' for many years to come".
The historic Metropolis of Boston is comprised of sixty-three New England parishes in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, and four Connecticut towns.
- Special investigative committee releases Phase 2 St. Nicholas Report
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America firmly against US immigration policy separating families
- N.York: Saint George feast in Manhattan
- Ambassador Eleni Kounalakis: "It's About Rule of Law, Democracy & Freedom" (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Demetrios Offers Nativity Message (Video Below)