One of The View's original TV hosts, Debbie Matenopoulos, secretly eloped in Greece last year and is pregnant with her first baby.
The Greek-American TV personality married her boyfriend of two years, Jon Falcone. They plan on having a large wedding ceremony after the arrival of their first born. Yesterday, Matenopoulos commented to People magazine, "I eloped in Greece and I'm four months pregnant! We had a secret eloping ceremony at a title monastery. I'll do a proper wedding after I have the baby".
The two decided to elope in Greece as they were shooting photos for her recipe book, It's All Greek to Me. The Home and Family host met her husband through mutual friends. 39-year-old Matenopoulos, who is due in October, doesn't want to find out the sex of her baby until its birth. Her birth name is Despina, but later anglicized it to Debbie.
Matenopoulos will guest star on The View's May 16th show, marking Barbara Walter's farewell. She stated, "I owe [Barbara] everything. It's truly the end of an era and I'm really excited to share this with her". The Greek-American was one of the initial panel members on The View, with Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Meredith Vieira and Star Jones. She was let go from the show in 1999, but has often returned as a guest.
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- TUI: Demand for holidays in Greece is at record levels
- Inflation leaps to 12.1% in June