Stefanos Tsitsipas advanced to the final 16 in the Roland Garros French Open tournament after he took the 4th set in a tied break (7-6) against Filip Krajinovic following the match’s resumption on Saturday.
The match was suspended on Friday night because of darkness as Tsitsipas was leading 2 – 0 sets and 5-5 in the third set. The Serbian took the 3rd set in the tie break to force a 4th set, which Tsitsipa won.
Tsitsipas came back from 2-5 down in the third set, which included a break at 3-5 when Krajinovic served for the set. The Serbian will serve when their match resumes on Saturday.
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Tsitsipas wins ATP Open 13 Provence beating Aliassime in straight sets
- Tsitsipas beats Caruso 3-0 sets in Australian Open 1st round (vid)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas: I want to win a Grand Slam in 2020 (vid)
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- New Round of collaboration between the Greek Film Archive and the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad
- Malliotakis Issues Her First 100 Days Report Card
- Israeli Ambasador: Greece and Israel anchors for stability, cooperation, security, and prosperity
- Letter from Joe Biden to Archbishop Elpidoforos: I am grateful for your leadership in these unprecedented moments
- Seaplanes finally taking off in Greece