Maria Sakkari advanced to the 3rd round of Wimbledon after disposing of her Czech opponent Radka Buzkova in straits sets (6-4, 6-1).
Sakkari ranked 31, equaled her best performance at Wimbledon. The Greek champion will face her toughest test yet, as she will come up against 8th ranked Svitolina from Ukraine on Friday.
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Pharmaceutical Organization EOF denounces medicinal cannabis producers for misleading public
- Maria Sakkari advances to second round of Wimbledon
- Stefanos Tsitsipas advances to final 16 in French Open for the first time
- Turkish aircraft violated Greek airspace 42 times