Maria Sakkari advanced to the 3rd round of Wimbledon after disposing of her Czech opponent Radka Buzkova in straits sets (6-4, 6-1).
Sakkari ranked 31, equaled her best performance at Wimbledon. The Greek champion will face her toughest test yet, as she will come up against 8th ranked Svitolina from Ukraine on Friday.
- 1821 Bicentennial: Aegean airlines formed the number 200 by flying over the Peloponnese
- Former PASOK minister Valyrakis found dead at sea
- Greece: New relief actions for Thomas Cook-affected businesses
- Pharmaceutical Organization EOF denounces medicinal cannabis producers for misleading public
- Maria Sakkari advances to second round of Wimbledon