At the time when expatriates Nick Kyrgios and Thanasis Kokkinakis are celebrating their qualification to the "16" of the Miami Open, a new statement by Stefanos Tsitsipas came to overshadow his amazing performance in the courts.
The Greek tennis player said that women should also play 5 sets in the Grand Slams since they are paid the same as men or men play three sets.
In fact, he mobilized scientific research on the endurance of women, to document his position.
“I don’t want to be controversial or anything. There is also the topic of equal pay and everything, women getting equal pay for playing best-of-three, then getting equal pay for playing best-of-five. I don’t know. There are also a lot of scientists and statisticians, whatever, out there. I’ve been told that women have better endurance than men. I don’t know. ”
Further, he added, “Maybe they can also play best-of-five, I guess. For Grand Slams, best-of-five, I like it. On the other side, on the other hand, we would have seen much more variety when it comes to different Grand Slam winners if it was best-of-three, I believe. I very much believe that the winners of Grand Slams would be very different if the format was best-of-three in men. ”
The reaction of the Czech Katerina Pliskova was immediate, who posted Tsitsipas's statement posting mocking icons, in order to scold the intelligence of the Greek tennis player.
Tsitsipas is already in the 3rd round of this tournament after yesterday's 2-1 set victory (6-4, 6-7, 6-1), over the American Jay Jay Wolf.
Tomorrow morning, the Greek tennis player will face the Australian Alex de Minor with the aim of qualifying for the "16". Nick Kyrgios and Thanasis Kokkinakis are already there.
- Politicians praise Stefanos Tsitsipas after Roland Garros final
- Tsitsipas wins ATP Open 13 Provence beating Aliassime in straight sets
- Tsitsipas beats Caruso 3-0 sets in Australian Open 1st round (vid)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas: I want to win a Grand Slam in 2020 (vid)
- How much money did Tsitsipas make at the Nitto ATP Finals
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Eurozone inflation at 10% in September – At 12.1% in Greece
- President of the Hellenic Republic Katerina Sakellaropoulou at the "Athens Democracy Forum 2022": Let's shield Democracy against regressive and reactionary voices.
- Ursula von der Leyen at Athens Democracy Forum: 'It is our generation's duty to stand by Ukraine'
- Greek - Spanish joint drills
- Turkey's new threats against Greece cause State Dept. reaction