Andros: At the top of the list of the 7 best islands in the world for nature and cultural experiences
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
At the top of the list of the world's 7 best islands for nature and cultural experiences is Andros, according to the travel website Wanderlust Marriage, which specializes in unconventional destinations and is read by thousands of couples in the US and Great Britain.
The author of the list, who has received awards for his writing from the Association of Travel Writers of North America, traveled with his wife to dozens of places on the planet in order to complete his research.
In 2022 he accepted the invitation of the municipality to experience spring in Andros and was hosted with the support of the network of local professionals CTN Andros. According to the proposed list, Andros is the ideal destination for an unforgettable "trip" to the enchanting nature, arts and history.
The parts of Andros that stand out
Thanks to its neoclassical architecture, Andros Town exerts a special charm, while Batsi is considered the cosmopolitan fishing village that is "nestled" in a beautiful bay and surrounded by green mountains and a sandy coast. The Panahrantou Monastery is "perched" on the northern side of Mount Gerakones and offers a spectacular view of the whole of Andros. The original chapel of the Panahrantou Monastery dates back to 960 AD. with the marble at the entrance having been worn, thanks to the footsteps of visitors for over 1,000 years.
Zanzibar, the southeast islands of Alaska, Sicily, Tasmania, the islands of Japan and Malaysian Borneo are next on the list. "Andros has a priceless cultural, historical and natural treasure that we have made a priority to highlight even in the off-season. During the last Halloween, the increase in traffic exceeded 38% compared to last year, while the travel flow is expected to be higher during Easter as well", said the mayor of Andros Dimitris Lotsaris.
- Turkish foreign min.: Greek "islands and islets belong to us"
- FT says that Greece still has a way to go and offers tips for next government
- Tourism: The “seven” gems of Greece through the “eyes” of CNBC Travel [pics]
- Kalymnos: Second best climbing destination in the world
- Eleni Chronopoulou: The lawyer who denounced Greek MEP Alexis Georgoulis for abuse and harassment
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- They searched for 81 years and found it at a depth of 203 meters in the Aegean
- Mitsotakis interview on MEGA
- 13th Annual Capital Link Sustainability Forum on "Financing, Investments & Sustainable Development" begins today
- OECD: Growth remains strong for Greece – At 2.2% of GDP
- Antetokounmpo: New investment in candy company Candy Funhouse (vid)