BY YANNA DARILIS
Golf is a sport that has become popular in Greece and quickly growing in development due to the increased demand for golf courses by international tourism. Luxurious grand resorts and golf clubs are now offering exquisite courses with marvelous scenery and stunning views. There are currently seven 18-hole golf courses that meet the international standards throughout Greece located in; Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Chalkidiki, Hersonissos, Messinia and a 9-hole course in Elounda, Crete.
For families and mini-golf lovers you will be happy to know that there are many mini-golf courses in many of the hotels throughout Greece.
If you are looking for a round or two of Golf during your vacation, we would suggest coming in spring or fall, as during the summer courts may become dry, and playing under the hot sun for too long can be quite exhausting.
For further information contact Hellenic Golf Federation: 210 8941933
Athens: Athens Golf Club - www.athensgolfclub.com
Peloponnese: Costa Navarino Resort - www.costanavarinogolf.com
Crete: Elounda - www.portoelounda.com/
Corfu: Corfu Golf Club - http://www.corfugolfclub.com/
Rhodes: Afandou - http://www.afandougolfcourse.com
Chalkidiki: Porto Carras Golf Club - http://www.portocarras.com/
- Mitsotakis-Modi decide to double bilateral trade and deepen strategic relationship between Greece and India
- TUI Fly: Rhodes, Crete and Kos top destinations in 2024 as well
- Climate Change: Greece's performance - Doing well, could do better
- AHEPA: Salute to Women Award to New Greek TV President and Wellness Expert, Yanna Darilis.
- "Thank you for doing your best": Rhodes girl's drawing of Slovak firefighters
Latest from Yanna Darilis
- Let's Be S.M.A.R.T. Greek Non-for-Profit Cat Shelter Saving Animals and Educating Humans
- Tinos, Greece, An Island Beyond Prayers
- Η υποστήριξη της φύσης στην ενίσχυση του ανοσοποιητικού συστήματος κατά τη διάρκεια του COVID19.
- The Hellenic Initiative's 7th Annual Gala Raises More Than $2.3 Million from the Greek Diaspora
- Commitment of Global Citizens