Translation By Lisa Darilis
The meeting between U.S. President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and congressional leaders that was scheduled for Monday, has been postponed for reasons not yet fully clarified.
The news of the postponement has stirred speculation, as this meeting's delay may further prompt disagreements between the Democrats and Republicans in Congress, and will likely help drive the once strongest economy of the world into a brick wall.
The White House has announced that they wished to give members of congress more time in order for their negotiations to go to the next step.
This postponement is further narrowing the time constraints involved in this shutdown. If there is no conclusive agreement reached by Thursday, the U.S. government will then have to proceed to a suspension of its payments.
- POLITICO: Θα εγκαταλείψουν Τραμπ για το shutdown αρκετοί Ρεπουμπλικάνοι;
- Δεν δημοσιοποιούνται οικονομικά δεδομένα όσο διαρκεί το shutdown
- Soros and son as middlemen between Obama and Rama
- House of representatives approves defense budget freezing weapon sales to Turkey
- US Congress members urge Tillerson to take strong stance on Turkish threats against Cypriot EEZ