Translation By Lisa Darilis
The meeting between U.S. President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and congressional leaders that was scheduled for Monday, has been postponed for reasons not yet fully clarified.
The news of the postponement has stirred speculation, as this meeting's delay may further prompt disagreements between the Democrats and Republicans in Congress, and will likely help drive the once strongest economy of the world into a brick wall.
The White House has announced that they wished to give members of congress more time in order for their negotiations to go to the next step.
This postponement is further narrowing the time constraints involved in this shutdown. If there is no conclusive agreement reached by Thursday, the U.S. government will then have to proceed to a suspension of its payments.
- Turkish foreign minister accuses Greece of 'black propaganda', attacks Joe Biden
- Retail stores shutting down Wednesday; what remains open, besides supermarkets & pharmacies
- What do the US presidential candidates think about Turkey?
- POLITICO: Θα εγκαταλείψουν Τραμπ για το shutdown αρκετοί Ρεπουμπλικάνοι;
- Δεν δημοσιοποιούνται οικονομικά δεδομένα όσο διαρκεί το shutdown