Brooklyn Holds Highest NY Population
The U.S. Census' newest report offers an understanding of population alterations in and around New York City.
The borough of Brooklyn has the highest growth in terms of population, regarding the whole state. More than 23,000 people moved to Brooklyn between the period of July 2012 to July 2013.
The popular borough holds the largest population of any New York county, where over 2.5 million inhabitants reside. Queens follows their lead, with an additional 20,000 dwellers in the same period. The Bronx figure is at 11,000 people while Manhattan has seen 4,800 new residents, during the analyzed time frame. The U.S. Census will also offer new data this year, regarding the five borough's economic activities.
- Greek of the Week: Nikos Papageorgiou is running for Citywide Educational Council, representing the Bronx
- Greeks of the week: The faithful of Holy Cross Church feed and clothe the homeless
- ISIS-inspired Queens women plead guilty to NYC bomb plot
- Battle of Thermopylae commemorated in Brooklyn, NY (vid)
- Helicopter crashed into building roof in New York