Senator Gianaris issued the following statement regarding the news that the 7 train will run during the weekend of May 17th-18th, instead of shutting down for the weekend as previously planned. Community members had asked the MTA to adjust the shutdown schedule because of the events taking place in Long Island City on this particular weekend, and Senator Gianaris pressured the MTA to acknowledge the request.
"Finally the MTA has not only listened to our community on this issue, but taken action," said Senator Gianaris. "LIC Springs! and other events like the LIC Flea and the LIC Arts Open are wonderful displays of how much our neighborhood has to offer, so I appreciate the MTA making it easier to get people here for this one weekend. Of course, when everyone wants to come back and enjoy the weekend in Long Island City for the rest of the summer, we'll run into the same old problem, so I will keep fighting until the 7 train actually running on weekends is no longer news."
- Archdiocese Issues Statement on Recent Scandal
- Senator Gianaris Announces Major Step Forward in Poletti Power Plant Deconstruction
- Senator Gianaris Celebrates Return of Fourth of July Fireworks to East River
- Senator Gianaris Seeks Nominees for Veteran’s Hall of Fame
- Assemblyman Aubry and Senator Gianaris Introduce Queens Library Reform Bill with Queens BP Katz