Senator Michael Gianaris invited local residents to nominate veterans from the community whose service on behalf of our nation warrants induction into the New York State Veteran's Hall of Fame.
This online Hall of Fame is designed to pay tribute to New Yorkers whose gallantry in the U.S. Armed Forces is complemented by service to their communities.
"Each year one of the greatest privileges I have as a member of the New York State Senate is to honor a member of my community who has not only served our nation but returned home and worked to improve the lives of our neighbors," said Senator Gianaris. "Though all of us are eternally grateful to our nation's veterans, the Veteran's Hall of Fame allows us to say a special thank you, and I urge anyone with a veteran in mind to come forward with a nomination."
The Senate will honor a distinguished veteran from western Queens, as well as others from throughout the state at a May 20th ceremony at the State Capitol, where each honoree's photograph and biography will become part of a special exhibit proclaiming the contributions of these exemplary New Yorkers.
Last year Senator Gianaris had the pleasure of inducting Astoria resident Bob Danke into the Veteran's Hall of Fame in recognition of his distinguished service in the U.S. Navy. Senator Gianaris looks forward to honoring another veteran from western Queens this May.
- Panagiotis Fasoulas elected to FIBA's Hall of Fame
- Senator Gianaris Announces Major Step Forward in Poletti Power Plant Deconstruction
- Senator Gianaris Celebrates Return of Fourth of July Fireworks to East River
- Senator Gianaris on Normal 7 Train Service for Eventful Weekend in Long Island City
- Nirvana και KISS στο Hall of Fame της Rock 'n' Roll