Translation By Lisa Darilis
The New York City Police Department released in September of 2013 that New York City has the lowest murder rate since the 1950s.
This study is based on the numbers of murders committed so far up to September 25, 2013, compared to last yearʼs number. So far in 2013 there are 240 murders in the New York City area. In 2013 that number was higher at 327.
If New York City's murder rate continues at this current rate, the estimated number of murder by yearʼs end should not pass 323, which statistically is the lowest murder rate New York City has had since the years 1956-1957.
- Two men sentenced to life for rape and murder of Topaloudi
- Nearly 100 New York children treated for mysterious illness thought to be linked to Covid-19
- Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis on the forefront for citizen support during pandemic - latest actions
- Chrysanthos Petsilas, Former Director of the Greek Tourism Office in New York, passes at 73
- Traffic cop murders ex-wife and friend outside supermarket in Kifissia