Translation By Lisa Darilis
A blockade was put into effect earlier today at the nationʼs capital after shots were ﬁred and marked the outside area of the building. A female suspect, who crashed her car onto the wall of the White House, was shot dead.
According to earlier reports, the incident began when a car, which was believed at the time to contain a woman and a child passenger, crashed into the Northeastern gate wall of the White House on 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Immediately after the crash, it became suspicious that it was intentional, as the female driver ran out of the car towards the side of the Capital building and as gun shots were shortly heard afterwards. According to reports by CBS, the female suspect was shot by an unidentiﬁed agent and was killed.
Employees and whatever public citizens were present at the Capital during this time were put into “lockdown,” and could not leave until the police gave them permission to do so. In the meantime, crowds of people gathered outside the gates, trying to see what was going on.
As it has been reported, one ofﬁcer was injured on the scene, but it has not been released whether this injury was inﬂicted by a bullet, or even if this bullet came from the female suspectʼs weapon.
We are awaiting for the release of more updates on this incident.
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Athens expects US approval for F-35 sale soon
- Hatzidakis urges investors from USA to invest in Greece
- GNTO ups its budget to boost Greece in US
- Stalin is alive and well within the Greek Communist Party: No to NATO, the EU, and the US, commemoration of communist dead in the Civil War