AKEL Secretary General Andros Kyrpianou voiced his stance, that current UN-authorized negotiations between the two territories of Cyprus should grant President Nicos Anastasiades' returned participation as soon as possible.
The AKEL Secretary stated the claims after a lengthy meeting at AKEL's headquarters with a Republican Turkish Party delegation, directed by President Ozkan Yiorgancioglu.
Kyrpiano commented that current negotiations are being deterred due to wasted time. He referenced past concurrences that were achieved by previous President Demetris Christofias and former Turkish-Cypriot leader Ali Talat.
He stated that Anastasiades will "only provide an alibi for Eroglu to hide behind our unpreparedness to resume negotiations from where they stopped," according to Parikiaki.
Last week, Cypriot President Anastasides halted his UN-supported discussion participation, due to Turkey's acts within Cyprus' EEZ. RTP President Yiorgancioglu claimed, "Our common wish is to resume negotiations that have been interrupted".
- Harsh retort from Athens to threats from Ankara
- Message to Ankara from Greece, Egypt and Cyprus
- PM Mitsotakis' contacts in New York
- FM Dendias: We build bridges of stability when other countries try to revive old empires
- Greece's letter to UN: Turkish unilateral accusations about militarization of islands completely unfounded