The amount of tourists flocking to Cyprus between January to August increased by 6.2%, in comparison to the same time period last year.
The total amount of vacationers finalized at 1.84 million individuals, according to Cyprus Statistical Service (Cystat) data. Last month, tourist totals hit 392,272, marking a 5.1% rise compared to last August.
Arrivals originating from the UK increased by 15.7%, while German visitors soared to 67.5%, and Israeli tourists arrivals enlarged by 27.3%. However, Russian vacationers decreased by 18.9%, Swiss arrivals shrank by 9.8%, and Swedish travelers dipped by 3.0% this year.
- Greek tourism: Receipts Soar to 17.9 Billion in 9M 2023
- What is hidden behind Turkey's proposal for a two-state solution in Cyprus and Palestine
- Tourism Minister Olga Kefalogianni calls for stricter measures for short-term rentals
- Greek tourism: A blow to Thessaloniki from the Israel-Hamas war
- Eurostat: More than 9.3 overnight stays in Greece in the first half of the year in short term rentals