Today, Larnaca Airport was evacuated after a bomb scare occurred this morning at 9:00 a.m.
The airport resumed regular operation by 10:30 a.m. Personnel and travelers were allowed to re-enter the facilities, after a comprehensive search was conducted by police, bomb experts and bomb trained sniffing canines. According to Philenews, Larnaca airport was completely emptied during search efforts.
As reported by The Cyprus Daily, the bomb tip was telephoned in by an English speaking male containing an Arabic accent. The explosive scare comes just one day prior to U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's scheduled trip to Cyprus. Paphos Police Chief Nicos Sophocleous announced that Paphos Airport administered precautionary checks as well.
- Macron expresses solidarity with Greece, Cyprus, in Facebook post written in Greek
- Dendias: We will never compromise with the consequences of the Turkish invasion
- Matthew Palmer: The United States has made "clear" its concerns to Turkey about its actions in the East Mediterranean
- Turkey accuses Greece, Cyprus, France, Egypt & UAE of forming “Alliance of Evil”
- Turkey blocks aircraft carrying medical supplies to Cyprus