8.2 tons of cheese was stolen from Naxos, when bandits outsmarted a deliveryman.
The criminals deceived the driver by instructing him to transport the product near the Thessaloniki-Katerini national road, instead of its legitimate Romanian destination, as reported by Kathimerini.
The deliveryman stated that he was called by one of the felons who acted as if he was employed by the proper cheese recipient, and redirected the order's delivery route. When the cheese arrived at the false location, three men transported the 64,000 euros worth of cheese on a truck and escaped.
Law enforcers were contacted after the cheese export never arrived at its Romanian destination. Police are hunting down a 44-year-old male and his co-conspirators.
- Thessaloniki in shock : Two minors 12 and 14 years old killed an 86-year-old for 200 euros
- Infamous Greek criminal Kostas Passaris sentenced to 4 times life prison
- Naxos' 'Arseniko' cheese included in EU PDO products list
- Did early humans migrate to Greek islands 200.000 years ago?
- Swedish tourist falsely accuses 2 Greeks of rape to claim insurance policy