Alpha Bank analysts confirmed that two factors concerning tax misinterpretations are inhibiting the nation's employment rate and economic gains, which is partly responsible for an additional drop in the real estate market.
Alpha Bank representatives stated, "What is even worse is that they keep unemployment at high levels", as reported by ANA-MPA.
The Alpha Bank examiners described, "These distortions are due to the imposition of the single property tax on real estate worth more than 300,000 euros along with the uniform real estate ownership tax (ENFIA) and the imposition of taxes on real estate based on their objective values, which in most cases now exceed by far the actual value of these assets".
- Property tax: Over 1 million owners to see ENFIA tax discount of 50% and 100%
- ENFIA property tax for 2022
- US Consul General in Thessaloniki: America committed to Greece’s economic recovery, digital future
- Property taxes distort Greek economy
- ND MP Fortomas: "We request the exemption from ENFIA for some islands of the Cyclades"