Alpha Bank analysts confirmed that two factors concerning tax misinterpretations are inhibiting the nation's employment rate and economic gains, which is partly responsible for an additional drop in the real estate market.
Alpha Bank representatives stated, "What is even worse is that they keep unemployment at high levels", as reported by ANA-MPA.
The Alpha Bank examiners described, "These distortions are due to the imposition of the single property tax on real estate worth more than 300,000 euros along with the uniform real estate ownership tax (ENFIA) and the imposition of taxes on real estate based on their objective values, which in most cases now exceed by far the actual value of these assets".
- PM Mitsotakis: Unicredit-Alpha Bank deal a 'resounding vote of confidence' in Greece's banking sector and economy
- Alpha Bank in deal with UniCredit
- Mykonos New shutdowns on strip club and café for tax dereliction
- Greek elections: Deluge of reactions from SYRIZA's Giorgos Katrougalos' statements on tax
- SYRIZA 'axes' top candidate Katrougalos after latter hints at higher taxes, contributions for self-employed professionals