German vacationers continue to travel to Greece's coastal regions during the nation's financial challenges, as confirmed by the German Travel Association (DRV).
The DRV stated, "Greece continues to be very popular with Germans – package tourists are sticking with their travel plans even after the July 5 referendum ... and are not canceling their reservations." The Association added, "Greece this summer is again among the most popular destinations for Germans."
In May, an increase in Greek travel by Germans occurred, while the DRV claimed that Germans are not concerned by "headlines about the financial crisis," regarding bookings. The DRV did recommend that vacationers from Germany carry "enough cash" to fund their trip.
- BoG - Reduction of the balance of payments deficit with tourism as the catalyst
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world