German vacationers continue to travel to Greece's coastal regions during the nation's financial challenges, as confirmed by the German Travel Association (DRV).
The DRV stated, "Greece continues to be very popular with Germans – package tourists are sticking with their travel plans even after the July 5 referendum ... and are not canceling their reservations." The Association added, "Greece this summer is again among the most popular destinations for Germans."
In May, an increase in Greek travel by Germans occurred, while the DRV claimed that Germans are not concerned by "headlines about the financial crisis," regarding bookings. The DRV did recommend that vacationers from Germany carry "enough cash" to fund their trip.
- ‘All you want is Greece’ this year’s tourism slogan for closely watched 2021 season
- Crucial two months for economy, tourism and government revenues
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- Factors of flight and repatriation: The example of Greek Brain Drainers living in the United Kingdom
- WTCC: Greece is a global example of safe opening of tourism