German vacationers continue to travel to Greece's coastal regions during the nation's financial challenges, as confirmed by the German Travel Association (DRV).
The DRV stated, "Greece continues to be very popular with Germans – package tourists are sticking with their travel plans even after the July 5 referendum ... and are not canceling their reservations." The Association added, "Greece this summer is again among the most popular destinations for Germans."
In May, an increase in Greek travel by Germans occurred, while the DRV claimed that Germans are not concerned by "headlines about the financial crisis," regarding bookings. The DRV did recommend that vacationers from Germany carry "enough cash" to fund their trip.
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos
- Hellenic Tourism Organization signs memorandum of cooperation with Municipality of Athens
- Transportation: What changes from July 5
- Vaccination Certificate: Green Pass Premiere for Travel to 33 Countries in Europe
- Knives Out 2: The shooting started in Spetses