German vacationers continue to travel to Greece's coastal regions during the nation's financial challenges, as confirmed by the German Travel Association (DRV).
The DRV stated, "Greece continues to be very popular with Germans – package tourists are sticking with their travel plans even after the July 5 referendum ... and are not canceling their reservations." The Association added, "Greece this summer is again among the most popular destinations for Germans."
In May, an increase in Greek travel by Germans occurred, while the DRV claimed that Germans are not concerned by "headlines about the financial crisis," regarding bookings. The DRV did recommend that vacationers from Germany carry "enough cash" to fund their trip.
- Washington Examiner: US considers leaving Incirlik and "sees" alternative in Greece
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- With friends like these who needs enemies! - Minutes from the meeting of the EU Foreign Ministers
- Athens-Nicosia in step for the EU summit for Belarus and Turkish aggression
- 25 personalities support Greece and Cyprus against Turkish aggression in letter to the "Times"