International Monetary Fund Director of Communications Gerry Rice offered the following statement, about Greece's repayment today.
Rice said, "I can confirm that Greece today repaid the totality of its arrears to the IMF, equivalent to SDR 1.6 billion (about EUR 2.0 billion). Greece is therefore no longer in arrears to the IMF."
The IMF Director of Communications added, "As we have said, the Fund stands ready to continue assisting Greece in its efforts to return to financial stability and growth."
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths
- Naomi Watts: "Farewell beautiful Greece, I love you"
- US State Department on Bahceli map: Greece's sovereignty and territorial integrity are not in question
- TUI: Demand for holidays in Greece is at record levels
- Inflation leaps to 12.1% in June