International Monetary Fund Director of Communications Gerry Rice offered the following statement, about Greece's repayment today.
Rice said, "I can confirm that Greece today repaid the totality of its arrears to the IMF, equivalent to SDR 1.6 billion (about EUR 2.0 billion). Greece is therefore no longer in arrears to the IMF."
The IMF Director of Communications added, "As we have said, the Fund stands ready to continue assisting Greece in its efforts to return to financial stability and growth."
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands