International Monetary Fund Director of Communications Gerry Rice offered the following statement, about Greece's repayment today.
Rice said, "I can confirm that Greece today repaid the totality of its arrears to the IMF, equivalent to SDR 1.6 billion (about EUR 2.0 billion). Greece is therefore no longer in arrears to the IMF."
The IMF Director of Communications added, "As we have said, the Fund stands ready to continue assisting Greece in its efforts to return to financial stability and growth."
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US
- NATO: Greece and Turkey to resolve their differences diplomatically
- Commission: SURE program installment payment completed - How much Greece got
- Greek companies take EU lead in innovation