International Monetary Fund Director of Communications Gerry Rice offered the following statement, about Greece's repayment today.
Rice said, "I can confirm that Greece today repaid the totality of its arrears to the IMF, equivalent to SDR 1.6 billion (about EUR 2.0 billion). Greece is therefore no longer in arrears to the IMF."
The IMF Director of Communications added, "As we have said, the Fund stands ready to continue assisting Greece in its efforts to return to financial stability and growth."
- The 22nd Annual Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum: "Greece – Looking Ahead With Confidence"
- Ankara did not like the EU sanctions resolution
- Greece ranks 5th in top tourism brands
- Number of American students studying in Greece shows steady rise, according to institute data
- Tourism Min Theoharis presents Greece's initiatives at WTM