International Monetary Fund Director of Communications Gerry Rice offered the following statement, about Greece's repayment today.
Rice said, "I can confirm that Greece today repaid the totality of its arrears to the IMF, equivalent to SDR 1.6 billion (about EUR 2.0 billion). Greece is therefore no longer in arrears to the IMF."
The IMF Director of Communications added, "As we have said, the Fund stands ready to continue assisting Greece in its efforts to return to financial stability and growth."
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece