Greek Economic Sentiment Plunges
The economic sentiment in Greece marked its lowest figure in nearly three years last month, that was negatively effected by political upheaval and banking regulations.
The statistics were confirmed in think tank IOBE'S monthly analysis. The study analyzes industry, retail, construction, services, and consumer confidence levels.
In June the index finalized at 90.7, while July dropped to 81.3. This figure is its lowest measure since October 2012.
The IOBE report confirmed that the values were the result of negative financial occurrences after capital controls, the July 5th referendum, and political doubts.
- Greek inflation rate fell to 6.5% in February
- Anthony Blinken: The background to his visits to Greece and Turkey
- Economist: Greece rises 9 places in the "democracy index"
- IT: Record recruitment in the Greek market in 2023
- Weather: How the warm holidays in Greece relate to the "storm of the century" in the US