A National Bank of Greece delegate stated that financial institutions in the nation have experienced heightening deposits, after capital controls were abated.
An approximate 1 billion euro rise in deposits has occurred since July 20th, when the banks reopened. An unnamed official confirmed that the European Central Bank will assess the bank's bookkeeping, while a stress test will be administered in October.
The shares of National Bank of Greece SA, Eurobank Ergasias SA, Alpha Bank AE, and Piraeus Bank SA, dipped by an approximated 50% since the start of trading yesterday, after a five-week halt.
- PM Mitsotakis: Unicredit-Alpha Bank deal a 'resounding vote of confidence' in Greece's banking sector and economy
- Alpha Bank in deal with UniCredit
- Piraeus Bank exhibition: "After the Revolution: Greece in the eyes of the world"
- Greek agri-food sector: The challenges of today and tomorrow
- Greek banks will place over 7 bln euros in the bond market