The European Central Bank penned a letter discussing how Greece must enact its pension reform system, by President Mario Draghi.
The letter stated, "Full implementation of these reforms will improve the long-term sustainability of the pension system." The letter was written as a reply to a previous letter from a European parliamentary member.
The ECB President added, "The sustainability of the pension system is crucial from a social fairness perspective, not least because it is necessary to ensure that the Greek state remains able to pay pensions in the longer term."
- The game's afoot for airlines ahead of Greece's tourism opening
- Greek 30-year bond issue attracts strong demand
- The 62nd round of exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey will take place on March 16 in Athens
- The yield on the 10-year bond fell below 1%
- War and Power in Classical Greece: Lessons for Superpowers and the World