The Athens stock exchange was recovering on Tuesday after the previous day's heavy losses, prompted by fears regarding the spread of coronavirus.
The basic share price index was up 7.80 percent, standing at 639.34 points and turnover was at 35.87 million euros.
The FTSE/ASE Large Cap index for blue chip and heavily traded stocks was up 6.57 percent and the FTSE/ASE Mid Cap index was up 6.86 percent.
All individual sector indices were moving upwards, with the biggest gains in Banks (+13.11 percent) and Construction (+14.11 percent).
Of the stocks traded, 103 were up, 11 were down and 7 were unchanged.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts